Head of Marketing and Communications
Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2 200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
Wilhelmsen Ship Management has an opening for Head of Marketing and Communications to join our team of highly dedicated individuals.
The individual we are looking for will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and developing marketing strategies and activities as well as managing communications, social media, website, and community events and involvement.
The person must be dedicated with a strong will to succeed, professional, highly motivated, well organized, detail oriented, creative, self-directed, and has excellent written and verbal communication skills. Marketing experience and a working knowledge of the maritime industry, digital marketing, and social media is required.
If you feel you are good fit and would like to apply for this position, please send your resume along with cover letter explaining why you feel you are a good fit.
The position is based in Asia (location to be confirmed). The successful candidate must also be willing to relocate within Asia.
The position reports to the President, Wilhelmsen Ship Management. Furthermore, the position is the liaison with key marketing and communication functions within the WWH group. The position is expected to work closely with all other business units which have an offering to the market, especially Sales.
- Develop and implement the marketing strategy for new and existing services/products – including campaigns, events, digital marketing and PR.
- Implement the Brand strategy as communicated from WWH.
- Work closely with the organization’s Sales, Technical, Crewing and vessel support teams; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
- Manage social media presence and direct programs to improve social media reputation and recognition.
- Develop communication strategies for WSM.
- Undertake continuous analysis of competitive environment and consumer trends.
- Participate in Trade, Commercial events, etc..
- Contribute to increased sales
The position will be measured against:
- Contribution to total WSM results and development as stated in the AOP
- Global sales revenue
Qualifications & experience
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Marketing (or relevant discipline)
- Solid international experience, preferably in the maritime industry.
- Positive, proactive and self-driven attitude, with the ability to work independently or in teams
- Quality and results oriented
- Ability to establish good and productive working relationship in an international environment
- A leader with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization (having high proficiency in English)
Work location will be Asia (location to be confirmed).
For more details, please contact:
Contact Name: Kenny Lee
Contact Number: +603 2084 5601
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline is 20/10/2017