Ships Agency Operator Port Hedland
Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2 200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
WSS Port Hedland, Western Australia, is looking for two full time Ships Agency Officer. The position will report to the Ships Agency Operations Manager and has the below primarily responsibilities;
- Attend and board vessels as required and as directed by respective Manager, in accordance with WSS SOO and Customer Requirements.
- Responsible for the effective coordination of assigned port calls.
- Advice on selection of contractors for goods and services provided to principals, including submission of competitive quotations, as required.
- Ensure compliance with Ships Agency processes, standards and procedures, including correct use of the operating system (VOSS).
- Ensure mandatory use of VOSS as reporting tool in compliance with the SOO.
- Ensure proper monitoring of the vessel and attendance to any follow up enquiries.
- Ensure correct amount of pre-funding are received or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the Port Call.
- Establish and maintain vessel's files and ensure that all transactional systems are updated real time.
- Ensure proactive, efficient and timely communication at all times.
- Report leads, business opportunities and relevant port updates observed to Manager.
- Monitor and record expenses that arises during vessels' port call.
- Ensure Cash-in-Transit (Cash to Master) as per WSS procedure.
- Proactively follow up, check and approve supplier's invoices.
- Ensure cost effectively Vessel Operations.
- Comply with WSS PPE Standard when working in ports/on board vessels
- QHSSE matters in own function
This position will be measured against:
- Ensure consistent high level of accuracy of deliverables.
- Meet or exceed annual KPI's targets for Ships Agency performance.
- Maritime background and experience from Ship Agency Operations.
- Good communication skills and command of the in English language (oral and written).
- Process and system understanding.
- Self-motivated and result orientated.
- Proactive and possesses ability to anticipate issue to facilitate preventive measures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Problem solving skills with ability to make fast and sound judgement.
- Ability to effectively plan & direct an operation without compromising on safety to personnel and vessel.
- Good motivator and team leadership skills.
- Familiar with Port & local Authorities regulations, procedures and governing tariffs.
- Computer literate.
Shipping is a 24/7 operation so out of hours and weekend work will be required however an attractive salary package is offered which includes: subsidised company housing or Housing Assistance and a fully maintained company vehicle.
A valid permit in Australia is required.
Work location will be Port Hedland.
For more details, please contact:
Contact Name: Riaan Swart
Contact Number: 61 8 9173 1809
Contact Email: email@example.com
Application deadline is 13/10/2017