Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2 200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
The DPA/HSEQ Manager's primary objective is to ensure the effectiveness of the safety management system within the company and onboard the ship.
- The HSEQ Manager shall monitor and follow up the company's compliance with relevant rules and regulations about safety, quality and environment protection with special emphasis on the ISM and the ISO 9001:2008 codes as well as flag state, port state and industry's special requirements and regulations and give support to ships as appropriate. He shall further:
- Give support on matters related to navigation, cargo operations, etc as required.
- Monitor safety/operational statistics
- Analyze and respond to vessel Undesired Events, Management Reviews and Safety Committee meetings in consultation with the VM or FM, and administer company’s incident reporting system.
- Conduct accident and incident investigations if requested to.
- Maintain all office manuals and do the upkeep of office standard technical library.
- Assist in and, if required, attend to vessel takeovers and handovers.
- Arrange office Management Reviews and ensure actions decided upon are implemented.
- Review and close internal audit reports from vessels.
- Liaise with the CSO for vessel security matters.
- Prepare for and participate in officers’ conferences.
- Do pre-joining briefings on HSEQ matters of senior ship's officers when they pass through the office.
- Backup Vessel Managers as required.
- Carry out the duties of the Management Representative for the ISO 9001:2015 QMS.
- Customer Focus
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Team Commitment
- Creativity & Innovation
- Extensive knowledge of ship management/international maritime industry rules and regulations
- Formal technical education to degree level or seagoing experience preferably with Master or Chief Engineer license.
- At least 3 years’ experience in similar role
- Proactive and result oriented
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Basic computer knowledge
- Good interpersonal skills to develop close relationships with shipboard staff, vessel owners, charterers and auditing and inspecting bodies.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to:
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- Talk and hear
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Lift up to 50 pounds
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to:
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Specific vision abilities required by this job include:
- Exposed to outside weather conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently:
- Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For more details, please contact:
Contact Name: Tanya Mota-Rojas
Contact Number: 281-867-2000
Contact Email: Resumes.Americas@wilhelmsen.com
Application deadline is October 31, 2017