Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2 200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
Wilhelmsen Ship Management is looking for a new Crew Manager to do administration of crewing for a designated group of vessels. The role will be responsible for crewing the vessels including budget and cost control.
It will also be responsible for the operational and strategic crewing of a group of vessels. The job holder will be manager for the group working as Manning Superintendents and have responsibility for planning and prioritize work tasks within the group. The job holder reports Head of Crew Department.
- Establish and follow up crew budget
- Establish a Competency Development Plan and Career Development Plan for seafarers in the group.
- Implement the Training Matrix and CBT Matrix and assist Fleet Manager and Training Manager in developing and maintaining the Training Matrix.
- Monitor new rules & regulations and be updated on industry practice that may have consequences with respect to crewing.
- Education: University / Nautical College
- Min. 5 years with relevant experience from seagoing careers or with shipping companies or other relevant experience.
- Structured and good communication skills - verbal and in writing (English)
Work location will be Lysaker.
For more details, please contact:
Contact Name: Wenche Langelid
Contact Number: +47 90080931
Application deadline is 02/10/2017