Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2 200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further.
· Undertake overall responsibility for all aspects of the port call from VOSS status “Appointed” to “Operation Completed”. Related workflows are described in GIMS.
· Ensure VOSS is utilised as operational system ensuring transparency and uniformity through proper and timely update of operational data, submission of reports and tick-off of activities when executed.
· Conduct preplanning of the port call in conjunction with Agency Operation Manager to ensure that any uncertainties are cleared out prior to arrival.
· Ensure all contact details, aoh numbers, cell numbers etc of the Operational Contact in the Principals office is easily available at anytime during portcall.
· Ensure professional and timely boarding of the vessel.
· Involve all relevant stakeholders (stevedores, receiver, terminal, shippers,++) in the pre planning and ensure their commitment to execute the plan.
· Maintain good relations with stevedores and local authorities.
· Communicate proactively with customers as well as other involved parties.
· Make sure that any issue of importance, good or bad, is communicated immediately without any delay to customers and related parties.
· Responsible for logging, informing and seeking approval for anything additional requirements during the vessel's call that is outside the 'initial' scope of work.
· Make sure that all arrangements done, inclusive Pre-Arrival security notification, are properly executed in order to avoid delay in berthing.
· Involve vessel staff (management) into port operation plan to make sure everyone is aligned and to enhance the overall operational effectiveness.
· Whenever possible promote the other WSS products when onboard the vessels.
· Actively search out possibilities for soliciting the total WSS offer wherever possible. (Example – opportunities for hold cleaning, technical services, possible supplies of marine products ++)
· Make sure all reporting and documentation requirements are properly executed as per customer’s instructions.
· Quality assure the performance of the vendors & contractors to ensure delivery as per expectation at agreed cost.
· Look for continuous improvement opportunities and forward the same to Agency Operations Manager.
· Attend weekly or 2 weekly operations team meetings.
· Ensure quality as per KPI’s established for ships agency performance
· Degree of services perceived by customers (“Goodwill” building)
· Experience as to the satisfaction of the Agency Operations Manager, preferable minimum 2 years relevant shipping experience.
· Previous experience or internal training in shipping a must
· Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship building skills
· Strong verbal and communications skills
· Ability to multitask and organize/cooperate.
· Strong attention to and follow-up on details
· Reliable, enthusiastic and professional manner
· Confidence in relating to different organisational levels
· Ability to operate and self-study given operational systems
· Ability to work in stressful environment and adapt to availability outside normal office hours
· Ability communicate effectively within a multinational environment
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to work on own initiative
· Ability to co-operate across organisation lines internally and towards customers
· Systematic and accurate nature