Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group founded in 1861. We have the biggest maritime network in the world, with a presence in over 2 200 locations globally. We serve over half of the worldwide merchant fleet with products and services, and supply crew and technical management for some of the most complex vessels in the world. We also develop new and daring solutions, shaping the maritime industry for the future. Our investments seek to explore and develop new opportunities within the energy-, offshore- and maritime industry. With thousands of colleagues in more than 70 countries, we take competence, sustainability, innovation and unparalleled customer experiences one step further..
Ship Agency Operator
Attending all vessels within the scope of responsibility, in compliance with applicable work processes, standards and procedures, with special attention to correct, accurate and timely use of the operating system.
The position reports to the Ship Agency Operations Manager.
Coordination of services provided to Ship Agency; Customers; Nominating and Appointing parties, vessel and crew, relevant authorities and service providers for the efficient handling of vessels within the scope of responsibility.
- Attend and board vessels as required and as directed by respective Manager, in accordance with WSS SOO and Customer requirements. Responsible for the effective coordination of assigned port calls.
- Responsible for recommendations involving for interviewing, hiring, and training employees, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems within the department.
- Advice on selection of contractors for goods and services provided to principals, including submission of competitive quotations as required.
- Ensure compliance with ships agency processes, standards and procedures, including correct use of the operating system (VOSS).
- Ensure mandatory use of VOSS as reporting tool in compliance with the SOO
- Ensure proper monitoring of the vessel and attendance to any follow up enquiries.
- Ensure the correct amount of pre-funding is received or the correct level of authority has approved any deviation, prior to performing the Port Call.
- Establish and maintain vessel’s files and ensure that all transactional systems are updated real time
- Ensure proactive, efficient and timely communication at all times.
- Report leads, business opportunities and relevant port updates observed to manager.
- To monitor and record expenses that arises during vessels’ port call.
- Ensure Cash-in-Transit (Cash to Master) as per WSS procedure.
- Proactively follow up, check and approve supplier’s invoices.
- Ensure cost effective vessel operations.
- Comply with WSS PPE Standard when working in ports/onboard vessels.
- QHSSE matters in own function
- Assist the Ships Agency Operations Manager with certain tasks in managing the site on request.
- Actively identify new business opportunities and constructively contribute to growth of port sales.
This position will be measured against:
Ensure consistent high level of accuracy of deliverables.
Meet or exceed annual KPI’s targets for ships agency performance.
Contribution towards development of port sales.
Maritime background and experience from Ship Agency Operations.
Good communication skills and command of the in English language (oral and written).
Process and system understanding
Self-motivated and result orientated
Proactive and possesses ability to anticipate issue to facilitate preventive measures
Ability to work under pressure
Problem solving skills with ability to make fast and sound judgement
Ability to effectively plan & direct an operation without compromising on safety to personnel and vessel
Good motivator and team leadership skills
Familiar with Port & local Authorities regulations, procedures and governing tariffs.
Additional preferences – (Local requirements in addition to mandatory requirements)
Work location will be Baltimore, MD
For more details, please contact:
Contact Name: Tanya Mota-Rojas
Contact Number: 281-867-2000
Contact Email: Resumes.Americas@wilhelmsen.com
Application deadline is August 31, 2017