Product Sourcing Coordinator
Wilh. Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group focusing on shipping and integrated logistics services for cars and rolling cargo through its shareholding in Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA. The group also occupies a leading position in the global maritime service industry through Wilhelmsen Maritime Services AS, delivering products and services to some 200 shipyards and 22 000 vessels annually.
The PSD team is responsible for supporting non-portfolio products and customer requests on a regional level. Products, spare parts, and consumables in the ship & offshore maintenance & repair, refrigeration, cargo hold cleaning, chemical, and wire rope sectors are the primary focus. The position interacts with global internal customers as well as suppliers.
Each day PSD will research and quote based on customer demand products. Problem solving within procedural guidelines is a must. As such, the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team is critical. Each Coordinator is expected to approach their position as a small business, where turnaround time, quality, attention to detail, and service are all a must in order to grow.
An example of other functions include cost updates, vendor management, purchase order follow ups and technical assistance with portfolio products.
Have the authority to act within this Functional Description, agreed budget and according to documented chart of authority as outlined in the company’s Global Integrated Management System (GIMS).
Stop activities not conforming with WSS (GIMS) policies or (inter)national law and requirements and stop activities causing unsafe working conditions by reporting such activity to management
Decide if requested non-standard/non-portfolio product does match following pre-requisites;
Complimentary to our standard product range, or
To complete all or nothing requirements from our customers, or
To support a specific targeted market segment, or
To support customers in emergency cases, or
To provide alternatives for standard products based upon local regulations, or
To provide alternatives for standard products with slightly different specs (voltage, pressure, material etc.), or
To supply local commodity products, or
To provide spares to customers and to serve our internal stakeholders.
- Assist Customer Services to fulfil enquiries and orders from customers for local non- standard/non-portfolio product deliveries;;
- Screening of requested non-standard/non-portfolio product
Initiate, maintain and monitor “L” (local) number product registrations in IFS according to agreed processes;
- Source and procure non- standard/non-portfolio products according to standard processes and with agreed suppliers;
- Inform Customer Services of any issues pertaining to customer quotation requests where the quotation cannot be completed within 48 hours;
- Amend customer order with local product number(s) and keep Customer Services informed of any updates or changes in delivery lead times, additional costs, or any other relevant information pertaining to the customers request;
- Work with approved suppliers in the purchasing of goods, including on-time delivery instructions;
- Negotiate lower costs at point of purchase where possible;
- Seek competitive bids where applicable;
- Maintain market knowledge of product area and bucket costs;
- Alert customer service within agreed time frame if requests cannot be fulfilled;
- Propose sales price of non- standard/non-portfolio products;
- Update purchase orders with confirmed delivery date from supplier;
Provide technical competence to Customer Services on non- standard/non-portfolio products;
Performance analysis of assigned suppliers;
Provide input to management regarding supplier performance;
- Provide feedback to the business streams on non-standard products which should be evaluated as standard products due to regular demand.
Order fulfilment in line with customer requirements, on-time delivery, quality and pricing
Quotation to Order hit rate
Agreed AOP and KPI’s
Work process efficiency
Data management and quality of regional L products
Formal education and experience
Medium Vocational Training or equivalent
Minimum of 2 year working experience in a technical sourcing role
Knowledge and skills
Technical experience in one or more Business areas
Ability to work independently as well as in a team
Good command of English language, both written and spoken
Familiar with main computer programmes used in the organisation
Able to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities
Following processes this position is involved in
(input GIMS link to marine products sourcing of non-standard)
IFS8 quotation and order approval process
Work location will be Pasadena, TX.
For more details, please contact: Tanya Mota-Rojas
Application deadline is August 15, 2017.