Wilh. Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group focusing on shipping and integrated logistics services for cars and rolling cargo through its shareholding in Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA. The group also occupies a leading position in the global maritime service industry through Wilhelmsen Maritime Services AS, delivering products and services to some 200 shipyards and 22 000 vessels annually.
Do you want to be a part of shaping our supply chain for future?
Wilhelmsen Ships Service is looking for an experienced
Global Inventory Manager
You will play a key role in securing inventory management development and implementation in our network, consisting of 190 sites worldwide. In this role you will be utilizing tools, leveraging the network hierarchy and structure. The Global Inventory Manager is accountable for controlling and managing the availability performance in the network. Optimizing the planning process and parameters is a key focus area, and the role shall ensure both a delivery service level that meets customer
requirements and an efficient and effective movement and storage of Marine Products. You will report to the Head of Global Distribution and you will closely work together with the International Distribution Centre Manager and the Operations responsibles around the world.
The Global Inventory Manager leads a team of 10 Inventory Planners divided in 4 Regional Inventory Planning teams in Singapore, Houston, Fujairah and Rotterdam. In this role you are responsible for hiring, developing and inspiring the performance of the Regional Inventory planners.
· Manage the inventory planner teams in their daily operations and optimize their capacity and capabilities;
· Continuously develop the inventory planning process – and contribute and take ownership of the inventory management development;
· Implement and evaluate stock parameters according to the inventory management process and definitions incl. PPO concept;
· Optimize inventory levels in the network (including reshuffling);
· Develop and obtain approval for inventory targets based on market and business objectives, including control and visibility of inventory management performance;
· Incorporate input from Operations to ensure inventory levels are meeting customer requirements;
· Troubleshoot and escalate stock planning issues;
· Monitor increase or decrease in demand of products and inventory levels, excess stock, reshuffling potential;
· Monitor Supplier Performance and work with Procurement in their supplier follow-up (includes production of supplier performance reports when requested);
· Assist and support Procurement in the initial purchase of new products (includes configuration, palletizing, min order quantity, etc);
· Secure, maintain and optimise feeder structure based on Inventory Management Category differentiation. This based on strategy outlined by the Head of Network Design
- Higher education in the fields of Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Logistics or similar (HBO+);
- Relevant work experience in Supply Chain Management;
- Proven experience in management of employees in different locations
- Global mindset and analytical skills proven by experience in the field of Supply Chain Management
- Results orientated with an ambition and a strong desire to succeed in development of our Inventory Management
- Ability to influence, develop and motivate people to change practice and behaviour
- Excellent communication skills and a very good command of the English language (oral and written)
- Ability to drive change and work on own initiative
- Systematic and accurate nature
- Extensive experience in the application of supply chain management tools (i.e. ERP systems), Inventory Management (e.g. Slim4) plus other supporting tools (i.e. MS Excel and Access)
Applications, including resume and application letter in English, can be done through our WW Career Portal. Applications without resume and application letter will not be taken into consideration.
Work location will be Rotterdam.
For more details, please contact Mirjam de Vos - Kleine, HR Manager Benelux & Switzerland on +31104877799.
Application deadline is 17 april 2017.