Supervisor Warehouse Inbound & Inventory Control The Netherlands
Wilh. Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group focusing on shipping and integrated logistics services for cars and rolling cargo through its shareholding in Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA. The group also occupies a leading position in the global maritime service industry through Wilhelmsen Maritime Services AS, delivering products and services to some 200 shipyards and 22 000 vessels annually.
· To ensure that all inbound Inventory Control and assembly activities take place in a correct and timely manner
· To ensure that all products are stored according to valid warehouse permits
· To ensure that all products in the warehouse are in compliance with the WSS quality standards
This position reports to the Warehouse Manager.
Employee is authorised to:
Perform tasks in accordance with the functional description;
Approach colleagues, third parties to comply with applicable safety rules & regulations to ensure a safe work place;
Stop activities not conforming with WSS (GIMS) policies or (Inter)national law and requirements causing unsafe situations or working conditions.
· Ensure that practices at all times comply with the regulatory approvals, permits and certification for all products and services within the defined quality,
ARBO (labour conditions), H(ealth), S(afety) & E(nvironmental) systems, procedures and business practices of the organization.
· Delegate and divide workload equally over the direct reports.
· Prioritization of tasks within the department
· Address issues and take corrective actions within own and in cooperation with other departments where necessary
· Participate in AOP sessions and communicate the objectives & targets to the department
· Ensure contribution to the companies objectives as per AOP
· Manage personnel and their skills within the department
· Judge the performance of the individual team members
· Monitor the performance of the department
· Optimal utilisation of the company assets
· Ensure customer requests are carried out in accordance with agreements made
· Ensure that the work is carried out in compliance with the applicable routines
· Administrative process related to personnel and department
· Compliance of companies assets with local legislation
· Conduct appraisals in accordance within the companies framework
· Organize regular team meetings
· Work closely together with other departments towards continuous improvement of supply chain
· Assist in activities to reduce handling / shipment discrepancies
Formal education, experience, knowledge, skills and competences
Formal education & experience:
- Secondary school education;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in (international) logistics environment
- Basic dangerous goods training;
- Site security training;
Knowledge & skills:
· Experience in (international) logistics environment
· Experience in managing a group of warehouse employees
· Excellent knowledge of product portfolio
· Good knowledge of storage of dangerous goods
· Good knowledge of handling dangerous goods
· Good knowledge of customs formalities
· Good knowledge of loading and securing loads
· In depth knowledge on stock planning
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Ability to communicate effectively within a multinational environment;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Ability to keep overview and have a process orientated view
- Familiar with main computer programmes used in the organisation;
- Systematic and accurate nature;
- Adaptable to varied working conditions
Work location will be Rotterdam.
For more details, please contact:
Michiel van der Linden
Application deadline is 31/03/2017.