Ships Agency Officer
Wilh. Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group focusing on shipping and integrated logistics services for cars and rolling cargo through its shareholding in Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA. The group also occupies a leading position in the global maritime service industry through Wilhelmsen Maritime Services AS, delivering products and services to some 200 shipyards and 22 000 vessels annually.
Based in Weipa, WSS Australia is looking for a full time Ships Agency Operator. The Ships Agency Operator will report to the Ships Agency Manager and is primarily responsible for;
- Organising and managing vessel movements in and out of Weipa and surrounding ports
- Ensuring all matters requiring attention by ships are handled efficiently during their stay in port
- Proactively on-selling marine products, technical services and maritime services to customers
- Ensuring the optimum use of system applications developed by the Company
- Previous ship agency preferred however ongoing training is available to the right candidate
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Shipping is a 24/7 operation so out of hours and weekend work will be required however an attractive salary package is offered which includes: subsidised company housing and a fully maintained company vehicle.
A valid work permit in Australia is required.
Work location will be Weipa.
For more details, please contact:
Application deadline is 20/01/2017.