Global HSEQ Superintendent
Wilh. Wilhelmsen is a global maritime industry group focusing on shipping and integrated logistics services for cars and rolling cargo through its shareholding in Wilh. Wilhelmsen ASA. The group also occupies a leading position in the global maritime service industry through Wilhelmsen Maritime Services AS, delivering products and services to some 200 shipyards and 22 000 vessels annually.
• To provide operational support for WSM Shipboard Management Systems documentation
• To support Global HSEQ’s processes
• The Global HSEQ Superintendent reports to VP, Global HSEQ & Systems
• The Global HSEQ Superintendent main work relations will be with KL’s Global HSEQ personnel.
• The Global HSEQ Superintendent will coordinate and liaise with all WSM personnel involved in documentation and application controller of DocMap.
• The authorities for HSEQ Superintendent correspond to the descriptions of “Main Responsibilities/accountabilities”, see below, and/or in order to meet requirements and responsibilities defined in WSM’s management system documentation.
• To support Chairman of Shipboard Document Committee with respect to revision and new establishment of documentation in Docmap
· To draft new and/or revised documentation as required/proposed by authorized WSM personnel and present draft for Document Committee’s approval
• Maintain global risk registers and carry out statistical analysis of HSEQ performance data according to established procedures and guidelines.
• Support internal activities related to certification and / or vessel documentation required in legislation, regulations and applicable codes
• Support WSM personnel with information and training related to WSM’s documentation, monitoring and reporting systems.
• Follow up reporting requirements and ensure that performance data are reported as defined / planned, including timely performance updating of WSM’s Global and HSEQ Function AOP.
· To act as Document Committee Coordinator to develop and maintain efficient systems and routines to receive, handle and implement suggestions for improvements of WSM’s shipboard documentation
· Carry out internal audits and training on board when required
· Timely distribution of SMS documentation to the DC members
· Monitor quality of shipboard documentation
• Global Audit Statistics for Ships and Offices
• Global Undesired Event Analysis
• Global Regulatory Update and Experience Feedback Generation
• Responsible for Shipboard Management System Simplification project
• Technical Advisor for SMS documentation
• Conduct shipboard and office audit when required
• Any other duties as requested by VP, Global HSEQ and Systems
• Achievement of Yearly Targets for HSEQ Function’s AOP (Strategic Objectives)
• Achievement of Yearly Targets set during Employee Appraisal Process
• Feedback from WSM’s Organization (Internal Customer Feedback)
· University degree or higher vocational training in the fields relevant to WMS business
· Seafaring experience, preferably at a senior officer level
· Experience from process development and documentation
· Team player with a personal drive
· A strong desire to succeed in developing the business
Excellent communication skills and a very good command of the English language
Work location will be Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
For more details, please contact:
WSM KL HR Dept
Application deadline is 24/03/2017.